Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Catching Up



This is my tattoo. My daughters' both have the same sunflower, but the sentiments are slightly different. Caitlin's tattoo has T.J.'s birthdate arching above the sunflower, and the date he died below the sunflower. Gabrielle's tattoo has a T on the left and a J on the right. Mine is a combination of both. We all have it on our left ankle.

Who is T.J.? He is my beautiful oldest child; he died tragically just over 6 years ago at the age of 19. I'll post about that at another time. I will say now that he is our hero. T.J. was an organ donor. 5 people who were dying are alive today, 2 people who were going blind can see, and countless others have been helped or saved because of his generous gift of organs and tissue. If you're not currently registered as an organ donor, won't you please consider it? Many states now offer online donor registration, Maine does. Donate Life America's website can give you information about registry in your state. Be a hero, donate life.

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogland! I know you will find the support and genuine carrying of others nourishing to your life.
    Ta Ta
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful gesture, Lori. And good for you for going for it, I know that took bravery and heart ache to go through with it, I am proud of you.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are my hero!! I just discovered this blog and I want you to continue on with your blogging because you are a strong, beautiful woman who is an inspiration for all mothers!! I also want to get togehter with you this summer so that we can reminisce about our youth and support each other through (God willing) our Grandmother-hood just like we did way back when we were slalom skiing over Long Lake!! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a symbolic tattoo as well. A symbol of freedom after my divorce. Marking a new beginning.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I certainly appreciate your kind words!