Tuesday, September 6, 2011

September Reader's Challenge & Art Bead Earring Swap

Whelp, I've bitten off quite a bit this month, but I'm very much looking forward to it! Not only is September the reveal for the Bead Soup Blog Party hosted by the lovely and talented Lori Anderson of Pretty Beads, but I've also joined two other activities this month as well.

Bead Soup Blog Party Sept 17

First up will be the reveal for the Bead Soup Blog Party on September 17th. I haven't created my pieces yet, but I have everything pulled together. Now, for a full day of no interruptions!


Then it's the Art Bead Earring Swap hosted by the sweet and very talented Diana Ptaszynski, a ceramic/porcelain bead artist/metalsmith/jewelry designer, of Suburban Girl Studio. If you'd like to join, you have until September 8th to do so! My partner will be assigned on September 10 and the earrings need to be in the mail by the 24th with the reveal on October 5. I believe this is the first time Diana's hosted this event and I'm really looking forward to it. I already have a concept in mind and need a couple of hours to pull it together (depending upon who I'm paired with).

Finally, to round out the month, it's the very kind and talented Andrew Thornton's September Reader's Challenge (which is sold out). I was very fortunate to be among the first participants of Andrew's Reader's Challenge in July. It was really fun, and a little bit of a stretch for me. I wasn't able to snag a kit for the second challenge August, but I did score a Design Kit for the third challenge this month. Terrific beads in a palette I don't normally use. I'm really looking forward to receiving my kit. The reveal date for the Challenge is Friday, September 30.


That's how I'm creatively spending my September. How are you spending yours?


1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to your Bead Soup Reveal.

    Enjoy the hop,
    Emanda

    http://artemisiastudio.blogspot.com/2011/09/bead-soup-reveal.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I certainly appreciate your kind words!