Sunday, April 29, 2012

Button Swap Blog Hop - Sneak Peek


Hello! I'm participating in Cindy Wimmer's Button Swap Blog Hop which has a reveal date of May 13. Cindy is one of the co-founders of Art Bliss (I'd love to get there some day) art retreat and Sweet Bead Studio. Cindy paired me with the lovely Cilla Watkins of Tell Your Girlfriends.

We are to create something using one or all of our buttons to reveal on May 13, our creations can be anything not just jewelry. Cilla sent me a lovely collection of buttons.
The is the contemporary polymer button from Jane Perala Designs, a white ceramic heart with an embossed pattern, and two ceramic floral buttons - the orange button reminds me of a poppy and the tealish-gray reminds me of a rose.Three of them coordinate amazingly with the bead soup Mary sent me so I'm quite sure I'm going to incorporate one or two into a piece with those beads. I just need to decide if I want to move in a contemporary or vintage feel with the piece, which will most likely become a necklace. The orange poppy button, however, is going in a totally different direction. I hope I can create what is in my head!

Here is a sneak peek at the buttons I've sent to Cilla. I'll reveal the actual buttons once she's received them!
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. I've got my buttons, need to get a picture posted. Now just to figure out what to do with them for the hop.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I certainly appreciate your kind words!