Saturday, July 7, 2012

Soup Is Simmering!

I received my bead soup from my partner Leslie Wayment the other day, and she received mine yesterday! Leslie was very generous and I already have ideas percolating! Here is the lovely stash she sent to me:
I will NOT procrastinate this time in designing my piece(s) for the hop. I tend to do that, and I'm not sure why. This time I will finish ahead of time! I had pulled some beads out the other day for another project I'm working on (Miss Erin's Simple Truths Celebration Blog Hop) and found a length of chain I forgot I had that will go perfectly as part of one of the designs.
Here is the soup I sent to Leslie:
I had several different soups pulled together and didn't know which direction to go in. I finally settled upon this pendant;I've had it for a number of years and I love it - swoon! I bought it directly from the artist - Dustin Tabor.
Dustin was visiting Stephanie Sersich's studio 5ish years ago and she had an open studio evening. It's always so nice to be able to make a purchase like this directly from the artist. It's why I'd really like to make it to Bead & Button one day. I also included some lampworked rounds by Adriana Sauceda (I'm not sure that she's still making beads), along with drilled sea glass by me and vintage lucite - moss green cubes and grape moonglow button rounds, a SS toggle clasp and a length of moss green silk ribbon from my favorite bead store The Beadin' Path. I can't wait to see what Leslie makes with her soup!

2 comments:

  1. Both soups are fantastic. Love the lampwork beads and moss silk that you sent. Can't wait to see what you create!
    Bead and Button is on my wish list too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pendant is gorgeous! You are one generous soup-er! I think the colors are so fresh, and the shape is so intriguing. I look forward to seeing what you do with it. I just got my soup from Belgium and need to get busy creating as I only have a little bit of time left! Yikes! And you will be amazed at the Bead & Button. Meeting all the artists is the best thing about that! Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I certainly appreciate your kind words!