Saturday, August 11, 2012

6th Bead Soup Blog Party, 2nd Reveal

Well, good day to you! Thanks for stopping by on this second installment of the 6th Bead Soup Blog Party, 2nd Reveal! First, a great big thank you to our hostess with the mostess Lori Anderson of Pretty Things. Lori, thank you for all of your hard work and dedication to hosting this wonderful creative opportunity for us all! Lori has a book coming out early this fall! There are 400 talented designers participating in the 6th Bead Soup Blog Party so we're revealing in 3 different installments.

Let's get right to things, you've got a lot of hoppin' to do! My partner for this swap is Leslie Wayment of AA Beads & More in Sebastian, FL. It was pretty daunting putting a soup together for a bead store owner (Leslie's also a full-time pharmacist AND she cabs rocks - I don't know how she does it!)! I think I gave her a soup to give her a little bit of a challenge!
My soup to Leslie
Leslie was very generous in her soup to me, in shades of red and blue:
I am VERY proud of myself. I was able to get 2 pieces made (I have a third started which I'll finish this weekend) and they were made and photographed a week ago! That never happens! The first piece is a necklace using most of the beads from the soup, the focal, and the gold toned clasp. I decided to do a simply strung necklace that was symmetrical. I haven't strung a symmetrial necklace in a long while.
Oh, how my Gram and my Aunt Madeleine would have loved this necklace! Those gals loved their red, white and blue!

For my second piece I made a bracelet. I had ordered one of Heather Powers' starfish connectors in a new colorway, sandy shores, and shortly after I received it I received my July Simple Truths Sampler Club from Erin Prais-Hintz. Well, as I looked at them with my soup my wheels started spinning. I used 3 of the red beads Leslie sent me, along with Heather's focal, both of Erin's small pendants, sea glass I drilled and a clasp I fashioned from sea glass. I love it!
 Thanks for stopping by! Check out Leslie's reveal here and grab a cuppa' to check out all of the other lovely creations!
Hostess, Lori Anderson, Pretty Things
Adlinah Kamsir, Dream Struck Designs
Adrienn Lukacs, Raszputyin Designs
Agata Grygiel, Cytherea Bijoux
Alenka Obid, Pepita Handmade
Amy Dickerson, Damyjo Designs
Amy Schmidt, Amy's Treasure
Amy Severino, Amy Beads
Andrea Trank, Heaven Lane Creations
Anke Humpert, Anart Island Studios
Ann Rishell, My Critical Eye
April Grinaway, Brooklyn Bead Goddess
Ashley Bunting, Miss Ashely Kate
Astrid Boyce, Astrid Boyce Beads
B.R. Kuhlman, Mixed Mayhem Studios
Barbe Saint John, Saints and Sinners
Beata Benkone Meggyesi, Beahobbi
Bryna Lumb, Bryna's Bead Box
Carmen Lau, Little Maketto
Cate van Alphen, Fulgorine
Cathie Carroll, Cathie Carroll's Studio
Cathy Khoury, Touch Jewelry
Christina Stofmeel, Feng Beads
Courtney Breul, Beads by Breul
Crystal Thain, Here Bead Dragons
Cynthia Abner, Created Treasures
Deana Hager, Just Deez'Art & Life
Debbie Phenes, Deb Joy Sing
Dhea Powers, Java Bead
Diana Welte, Lilyweeds
Dita Basu, alankarshilpa
Dorota Zeranska, gdymamczas
Dot Lewallwn, Speedie Beadie
Elisabeth Auld, Beads For Busy Gals
Ema Kilroy, Ema K Designs
Emma Todd, A Polymer Penchant
Eva Sherman, Eva Sherman Designs
Evie and Beth McCord, EB Bead and Metal Works
Francy Inman, Francy's Studio
Ginger Bishop, lilmummy likes...
Giorgia Rossini, Jo in Wonderland
Ine Vande Cappelle, Jewels by Ine
Iveth Caruso, Creative Atelier
JJ Jacobs, Coming Abstractions
Jackie Ryan, Kydo Jewellery
Jeannie Dukic, Jeannie's Blog
Jelveh Jaferian, Jelveh Designs
Jenna Tomalka, Twin Birch Studio
Jenni Connolly, Jenni's Beads
Jennifer Van Horn, Jennifers Jewels and Junk
Jo-Ann Woolverton, It's a Beadiful Creation
Johanna Rhodes-Nash, Fire Phoenix Creations
Joyce Blair, Bent Wire West Coast
JuLee Wolfe, The Polymer Penguin
Karen Vincent, Swallow Tail Jewellery
Karin Slaton, Backstory Beads
Kayla Potega, The Eclectic Element
Kim Dworak, CianciBlue
Kris Lanae Binsfeld, Cherish Designs by Kris Lanae
Kristen Latimer, MJM Jewelry Designs
Kumi Fisher, Malie Kai Designs
Kym Hunter, Kym Hunter Designs
Lennis Carrier, Windbent
Leslie Wayment, AA Beads & More
Linda Murphy, Bonita Bead
Lisa Johnson, Whimsey Wonders
Lisa Sittniewski, Love, Yesterdays
Lois Moon, Que Onda, Q'Town?
Lola Surwillo, Bead Lola Bead
Lorelei Eurto, Lorelei's Blog
Lori Bowring Michaud, Artfully Ornamental (you are here)
Lori Finney, Using My Beads
Margareta Saari, Mags-koruja
Maria Horvath, Horimarika Beads
Marian Hertzog, M's Place 
Mary Ellen Parker, BeeTree by m.e.
Mary K McGraw, MK's Creative Musings
MaryLou Holvenstot, time2cre8
Martha Aleo, Ornamento
Maybeline Tay, The Jewelry Larder
Megan Collins, Churchy & Her Sailor
Melissa Meman, Art. Life. Love.
Melissa Mesara, One-Eared Pig Beads
Paige Maxim, Paige Maxim Designs
Pam Farren, re-maker
Pam Hurst, Pam Hurst Designs
Patricia Handschuh, The Color of Dreams
Patty Miller, CabariBeads
Penney Klapoth, Faerie Acres
Regina Santerre, Regina's Writings
Rhea Freitag, starrgazer creates
Rochelle Brisson, A Creative Chelle
Sabine Dittrich, PerlenDschungel
Sandra McGriff, Creative Chaos
Sandra Neights, Petalo Azul
Sandra Young, It's a Bead Life!
Sara Oehler, SoftFlex Girl
Saturday Sequins, Saturday Sequins
Shanti Johnson, Sunshine Bliss
Shari Replogle, Plays With Paper
Sonya Stille, Dreamin' of Beads
Stefanie Teufel, Stefanies Sammelsurium
Tammie Everly, TTE Designs
Tania Spivey, Moobie Grace Designs
Therese Frank, Therese's Treasures
Tina Holden, Polymer Clay Bytes!
Toltec Jewels, Jewel School Friends
Tracey Nanstad, A Beadiful Mess
Tracy Choy, BumbleBeads Designs
Valerie Norton, Hot Art

37 comments:

  1. Love the gold accents with classic red, white and blue. And the mix of materials on that gorgeous bracelet? Well, I'd love to be wrapping it around my wrist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, hope you had fun. They look great. Can't wait to see what else you are making. PS.-If you have Skype I can teach you Kumihimo.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red and blue - energizing connection, you underlined it perfectly! Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good timing for the red and blue... with the Olympics. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes - love me some red, white and blue! Awesome use of those beads in your necklace. I just love what you did with your bracelet and combining all the different elements together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty. Love the starfish bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! Thank you so much for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love what you did with the soup!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The necklace is so fun. The bracelet is fantastic. I've already visited your partner because I remember that focal. What a show stopper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful necklace ... gorgeous bracelet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Got to love it when your mailbox helps bring things together. Great work

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, the bracelet is awesome! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, you really worked your magic with the red and blue beads. Adding Leslie's beads with Heather's and Erin's to the bracelet are really cool. It reminds me of a summer day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. For me this had been a difficult colour combo; you made an excellent result! Lovely pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow... super bright colors. Nice job with your soup. It is so amazing to see what everyone does with their soup! Fun hopping!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both of your pieces turned out so great. I adore that bracelet though; the simplicity, the beachiness, the open-ness of it. I don't know how to explain it except you really rocked this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The red and blue necklace is such a striking piece. Love the sea-themed bracelet. Great work on your bead soup!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the show stopper of red, white & blue~ nice use of your soup :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Lori,
    Working with red, white, and blue can sometime be difficult, but you pulled it off beautifully with your necklace very pretty. I love the bracelet, very nice work.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the red and blue together and you did a great job stringing the necklace. It is gorgeous. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love what you did with your soup, beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful pieces!, I really love the look of your bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love both pieces, especially the bracelet.
    ciao dall'Italia

    ReplyDelete
  24. You received some great soup ingredients! All of your pieces are wonderful, yummy soup.

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's very kool that you can honor your Gram & your Aunt with your challenge piece. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very nice pieces and tricky colours to work with you did a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great job, they are really great creations. I really like the first one!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely creations, I really like the bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  29. You are brave to drill the sea glass. It makes a really cool clasp. I have a lot of sea glass that I have done little with. I investigated drilling it and it seems like a lot of work. You have inspired me to at least get back to wire wrapping it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Tough colors...you did a fantastic job! The bracelet is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I certainly appreciate your kind words!